MOCHA CHOCOLATE ICEBOX CUPS
This recipe is inspired by Ina Garten's "Mocha Chocolate Icebox Cake". If you want to make the cake version, here is the link
YOU WILL NEED:
1 CUP COLD HEAVY CREAM
8 OUNCES ITALIAN MASCARPONE CHEESE
1/4 CUP SUGAR
1 TABLESPOONS UNSWEETENED COCOA POWDER
(1/8 CUP RUM) + (1/8 CUP INSTANT ESPRESSO POWDER)
1(8-OUNCE) PACKAGE TATE'S BAKE SHOP GLUTEN-FREE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
UNSWEETENED COCOA POWDER AND SHAVED DARK CHOCOLATE, FOR GARNISH
4 glass cups
REMAINING HEAVY CREAM
4 TABLESPOONS SUGAR
1. In a blender, combine the heavy cream, mascarpone, sugar, rum/espresso blend, cocoa powder, and vanilla. Blend until it forms firm peaks. (If you don't have a blender, you can use an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment. Mix on a low speed to combine and then slowly raise the speed, until it forms firm peaks.)
Put the mixture in a piping bag and set aside. (I like to use a quart zip-lock bag)
2. DO NOT WASH THE BLENDER OR MIXER YET!!! With the remaining mixture in the blender or mixer, add the remaining heavy cream and 4 tablespoons of sugar and blend or mix until it forms firm peaks. This is to make the whipped topping. Put the mixture in a piping bag and set aside.
3. Now you can begin to assemble your layers. Break the chocolate chip cookies to fit the bottom of your cups.
4. Then pipe your mocha whipped cream evenly on top of the cookies.
Repeat this process until you reach the top. But leave about a centimeter for the whipped topping.
5. Once you have reached the top, pipe an even layer of your whipped topping. Then use an offset spatula to make your top layer smooth.
6. Next, sprinkle the top with cocoa powder.
7. And if you want to add a little more chocolate, shave a bit of dark chocolate on the top.
8. Place your cups in a Tupperware and leave in the freezer for an hour or until ready to devour.